Thursday, March 18, 2010

My First Time Driving...

My very first time was terrifing. My mom took me to an empty church paring lot to get used to the turn signals and everything...that wasn't so bad, until she told me to turn out of the parking lot and into a small subdivision. That was crazy. I was pretty much ok until a car came up behind me, and then I started to freak out a bit, but I went inti panic mode when a garbage truck got behind me.

But I think having my mom take me to the parking lot really helped.

Then my mom drove home, wbut since we live sooooo far out in the country, she stopped at the end of the road. She got out and told told me to do the same and we switched places. I got to drive the rest of the way home. The speed limit on our road is 35, but everyone goes 50, even the police officers who live in the area do, and they don't seem to mind. Well, today I go 50, but usually 45 just to look at the landscape. But that very first day I drove, I went MAYBE 10mph. Cars and trucks were lined up behind me honking and many went around me. And that made me panic even more. Because the two things I can't stand are people proving me wrong, and people mad at me. But I slowly prgressed (over time) and got more comfortable with the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment