Thursday, August 20, 2009

Me and My Grandmother

My family is a wide variety of people. My mom is short with brown eyes and thick hair. My dad is taller with blue eyes and thin hair. But I have to say I am most like my grandmother on my dad's side.

She was 6 foot 2 and the runt of the family. She had big feet and long, thin toes and fingers. She had thick brown hair and was always different from the rest of the family.

I've grown up being told I have boat feet. And I bet if I tried to walk on water I could. My feet are size eleven and at the moment I am taller than both parents and grandparents. My fingers and toes are so long and thin that most gloves and socks won't fit.

I don't really know much about my grandmother other than she died from cancer a few months after I was born. But looking back at pictures of her, we look very much the same.

Since I have no brothers and sisters and my parents are complete opposites, me being in between their personalities, me and my grandmother are most alike and would have made great friends.

1 comment: