Tuesday, September 22, 2009

En Pointe




I have started taking pointe this year and it seems so fun. I get to dance around in pink shoes doing turns and jumps and then there is ribbon tied up my leg. The thought is so beautiful and so are the shoes.

Well the name tells you everything, pointe, that's pretty much what it is. You toes are always pointed and when you go up on your toes, you are ON your toes. They don't tell you that one peice of vital information because they think they will scare you out of taking the class. In the toes of the shoe is a peice of concrete, and yes, that is what you stand on. You stand on your toes in the shoe on top of a piece of concrete. That sounds lovelt, doesn't it? NO. It's the worset kind of pain possible, and then you get blisters, which turn into rips. Then you find out the bottom of the shoe is wooden and curves, so your arches ache. It's not fun...

Well, it's not fun until you buy pads. Toe pads, that is. Mine are hot pink, with a nude slip on top. You can get them in any color imaginable. They are these cent. thick gel pads that wrap around your toes, then when you stand, it doesn't hurt, least not as bad. But, if you like me, you can sneak in an extra pad so you can't fell ANYTHING.

There really is no POINTE to this blog, other than it is my DAILY THOUGHT...

1 comment:

  1. Ouch -- I had no idea! I did know that the shoes wore for years can cause foot problems. But I really did know exactly why.

    ReplyDelete